Monday, March 15, 2010

My name is Chelsea and I am addicted to POAS!


I'm officially out of pregnancy tests and I have said I am not buying anymore but I honestly do feel like a crack addict. I got down to taking them only 2x a day and that was good - I could go in and look at them and make sure the newest was darker than the last but now I am out and I would like to stop testing. Im just not sure I can. I have never been "addicted" to anything but this I am and I truly need a group or something. I was a smoker for a long time, quit no prob both pregnancies and then quit for good a few years back - again no prob. How can this be so hard - so weird that this would have a hold on me like a drug. I have a parent that is an addict so I have always been fascinated about how that affects me - if it does - and now I find out I am addicted to + pregnancy tests. Who woulda thunk? Hahahaha.
Seriously tho, those suckers are very pretty and i cant get enuf!

Soooo here we are........
Friday 3/12 63
Monday 3/15 282

Nurse and doc very happy with those numbers. They are on the "high" side of normal, just a lil higher than what they say is the highest. I like that, I like that its not too high so I dont freak about Molar Pregnancy - I like this lil overachiever that we got going on in there!

I will now go for IVIg 2moro and then another beta on Wednesday. I'm hoping to be able to get the insurance to pay now that we have a confirmed pregnancy but we shall see. I spent a lot of time on the phone 2day with them and had to just quit cuz it was getting stressful. My boss is gone this week so I can make calls without worrying that he is wondering what the hell I am talking about.

I am 4 weeks now (really 4w1d but I refuse to go there, lol) so I have another week and a half until I can get an ultrasound to see whats going on in there, if the
baby is growing correctly and such then another week I guess until the HB. I think they said about 6 or 6 1/2 weeks for that. Seems like a long time but good thing they are having me come back EVERY OTHER DAY for beta blood test to check my numbers. OMG - can you believe that? Craziness, I'm not sure if I like that or not. I like to be monitored but I thought I would pass out today waiting on that darn call from the nurse!

1 comment:

Miss Megan said...

LOVE the pic!! That's what my bathroom counters looked like for two weeks! Si is SO glad I finally put them in the drawer instead - LMBO! I hate running out of HPT's too. . .I started maxing out the control line though, so they became worthless to me anyway. That's disappointing when that happens!
Hey, betas every other day will be nice. . .incredibly stressful, but nice. At least you will know that the baby(ies) are doing okay in there and are continuing to grow as they should. And you will have more betas to compare to the betabase=). Hehe.
Just in case I haven't mentioned this 15x before - I'm SO happy for you guys!!